BCCA AKC Breed Columnist Guidelines
Revised October, 2013
- The breed columnist for the AKC Gazette should follow the guidelines furnished by the magazine. These are sent to any new columnist.
- At this time, herding breeds are covered in March, June, September, and December. Deadlines are about three months ahead of publication, i.e., March is usually December 1, June is March 1, Sept. is June 1, and Dec. is Sept. 1.
- Columns must be submitted by email to AKC, the BCCA Historian, and the BCCA webmaster in appropriate format.
- Currently, the columns must be saved as ASCII or text. They should be 300-650 words (approximately 2.5 double-spaced pages).
- Information should be breed specific, i.e., items that pertain specifically to the Bearded Collie.
- Coverage of National Specialties should be done at the first deadline following the specialty. The only wins that can be covered are: BOB, HIT (also Herding & Agility), BOS, WD & WB (& BOW), BOB and BOS in Sweeps.
- In addition, the column should not be used as a political forum, in a derogatory way to any dog or person, or to promote person(s), dog(s) or products other than those belonging to the parent club.