BCCA Corresponding Secretary
Revised January, 2014
The Corresponding Secretary shall be the principal contact for requests from outside the Club for information about the Club and Bearded Collies and shall carry out such other duties as are prescribed in the By-laws or directed by the Board of Directors.
- Maintain the BCCA database by adding all new members and making any changes when submitted.
- Compile a list of all roster changes during the month for inclusion in the Bagpipes including also any newly-approved members.
- Answer all inquiries within one week of receipt.
- To solicit Litter Listings of Bearded Collie puppies from BCCA members only. Upon receipt of a new Litter Listing, verify that the breeder is current with dues and is a member in good standing of the BCCA and has met with all the health requirements for both the sire and dam.
- Maintain an up-to-date Litter Listing and send such list to each person inquiring as to the availability puppies.
- Make certain that the Litter Listing is sent to the Bagpipes Editor each month for publication in the newsletter.
- Promptly send fees for litter listings to the Treasurer.
- Refer inquiring persons to all breeders on the Litter Listing without personal recommendations or prejudicial comments.
- Remove the names of listing breeders promptIy at the termination of their listing or when notified that no more puppies are available from that litter.
- Answer all questions regarding Bearded Collies truthfuIIy to the best of his/her knowledge.
- Answer all questions regarding subscribers to the Litter Listing tactfully and diplomatically suggesting, when necessary, that the inquirer contact the breeder in question directly.
- Provide a monthly report to the Recording Secretary by the 21st of each month. This report shall include a listing of all inquiries answered for the previous month, a list of the Breeders on the Litter Listing, and a listing of other correspondence received during the month.
- Keep email service files up to date.
- Maintain the Breeder’s List and submit information for the Breeder’s List to the webmaster as needed.
- Participate in all Board meetings, the ABM, and the AGM, if at all possible.