Breeder mentors serve as the “resident experts” for our beloved breed, as well as ambassadors. They help to educate members and prospective judges on topics such as conformation judging, breeding, and history. At National Specialties, they typically assist the Judges’ Education Chair with seminars and ringside tutelage.
To become a mentor, you must fill out the Breeder Mentor Application, fill it out, and return it to Cynthia Mahigian Moorhead, Judges’ Education Committee Chair. In addition, you must meet the following requirements:
- Breeder for 12 years
- Must have bred at least 5 litters
- Must have finished at least 4 Champions
- 10 years membership in BCCA
- Attendance at an approved seminar
- Willingness to work at Institutes, National and individual mentorings
For more information about the Mentor Program, see the Guidelines for the BCCA Mentor Program for Conformation.
Contact Cynthia Mahigian Moorhead if you are interested in this program.
current as of 2012