Guidelines for the BCCA Website
Revised January, 2014
- The site will have a good mix of show and pet quality Beardies.
- It will not promote any kennel.
- No dogs or owners will be identified other than those included on the National Specialty sites or AKC Invitationals unless determined by the Webmaster to be appropriate.*
- No photos of dogs being currently campaigned (with the above exceptions) will be published.*
- All links must be approved by the Webmaster.
- No breeders will be accepted for the link page.
- All links must provide informational value not already contained in the website or its current links.
- Links that have been found to be consistently unreliable connections will be removed.
- All content must be suitable for viewing by the general public.
- Advertisement rates will be set by the Board.
- The Webmaster shall make the decisions on size and display of all submissions.
- Photos will be optimized for file and display size at the discretion of the Webmaster.
- The Webmaster shall be final on all matters subject to an appeal to the Board.
- The Website:
- Will not infringe and will not contain any content that infringes on or violates any copyright, U.S. patent or any other third-party right
- Will not contain any content which violates any applicable law, rule or regulation of the BCCA or US legal standards.
- Prohibited content includes, but is not limited to, content that is abusive, profane, libelous, slanderous, threatening or otherwise harassing. The website will not be used to solicit (provider’s) customers to patronize competing Internet Provider services.
- The Breeders’ Listings on the BCCA website:
- If a breeder wishes to renew for the next year, breeders who are currently listing should send a check for $50, payable to the BCCA, to the Corresponding Secretary by December 31.
- Breeders who are not currently listing, but who wish to list for the coming year, should send $50, an application with a signed Code of Ethics, and a business card to the Corresponding Secretary by December 31. If that breeder would also like to list for the balance of the current year, they may send a check for the coming year PLUS a pro-rated amount for the current year, along with an application, signed Code of Ethics, and a business card. The breeder will need to contact the Corresponding Secretary for the pro-rated amount. In no case will a breeder be allowed to list for only a partial year without listing for the next full year. A check for the partial year AND the next year must be included with the application.
- Breeders may NOT list only for the balance of the year without committing to the subsequent year and paying for the next year in full along with the balance of the current year.
*With regard to photographs and graphic images there needs to be a release issued by the owner of the photograph or image which includes information about the owner and the content as well as the author/photographer of the image (including a separate release if this is not the same as the owner).